This is an archive of all major changes to the game in its history,
chiefly those which would leave players at a significant disadvantage if
they weren't aware of the change in game behaviour. Minor changes are not
3rd July 2015
- Urban Dead is ten years old today. Take the 2015 State of the Apocalypse Survey to let us know what you've
thought of the end of the world so far, and what you think should happen next.
30th December 2014
- Sadly Urban Dead is being hit by the
in EU tax laws on digital products on the 1st of January 2015, which will make it impractical
to continue offering donation rewards to players in the European Union (outside of the UK). Anybody
playing from Europe outside the UK who wants a donation flag applied to a character can
pay for one today or tomorrow, but not for the foreseeable
future after that.
1st February 2014
- Urban Dead will be temporarily unavailable from 10pm (GMT) on Monday
the 3rd while its server is physically relocated to a building with stronger
barricades. It will be back online within eight hours.
31st October 2013
- Something in the air is once again making full-face masks harder to
ignore, while survivors crunch through their dwindling candy supplies and zombies
30th October 2012
- It's the time of year for zombies to thump at safehouse doors in
the fog. Perhaps they'll get some extremely stale pre-apocalypse confectionery,
perhaps they'll just smash the carved pumpkins of the living and cover the place
- Full-face masks worn during halloween will be displayed in place of the
character's name for any action they take, but other players can click
through to see who's behind it.
21st December 2011
- With only a few looting days until Christmas, the weather turns colder.
Those wandering the streets of Malton will leave footprint trails and/or
bloodstains in the snow as they go about their business.
- Dwindling mall backrooms still seem to have enough decorations
for safehouses, for a few days.
(News from 2005-2010 has been archived.)
Return to the game